Wednesday, June 26, 2013

Ingersoll-Rand SS3J2-WB 15 Amp/ 14.7 Amp 2 Horsepower 8 Gallon Oiled Twin Pontoon Compressor with Du

Ingersoll-Rand SS3J2-WB 15 Amp/ 14.7 Amp 2 Horsepower 8 Gallon Oiled Twin Pontoon Compressor with Dual Voltage 115/230-Volts
  • Designed for maximum maneuverability on the job site
  • Durable cast iron construction
  • 100% continuous duty cycle for tough applications
  • 5.7 acfm at 90 psi
  • 8 gallon twin tanks

When I started looking for a portable compressor that would stand up to the daily use in construction and provide ample air for framing nailers and a texture gun I considered Emglo, RolAir and IR. I have owned an IR and Emglo and both worked well. Once I plugged the IR in I was amazed at how quiet it is. The speed of the compressor is about 580 RPM. It is the same pump used in other IR compressors that use a bigger motor and a bigger motor pulley to produce more CFM.

Buy Ingersoll-Rand SS3J2-WB 15 Amp/ 14.7 Amp 2 Horsepower 8 Gallon Oiled Twin Pontoon Compressor with Du Now

I did a fair amount of research before purchasing this product. I have many IR brand tools and accessories and have always been very happy with the quality and durability of this product. I was dismayed however, upon receipt of this product, that when I went to discharge the tank after running it that the drain valves appeared faulty. Upon further inspection i discovered that the pit-cocks were painted over which made them 'locked' and immobile without using a pair of channel lock pliers to open. When I finally opened the tank, one chamber was closed and never drained at the factory, which then discharged blackened liquid buildup all over my shop floor. This occurs typically when the compressor is used over time and not properly discharged after use. This is an IR recommended procedure after each use of the compressor. I now need to replace the pit-cocks and clean the threading, or take it to a shop or IR dealer to have it fixed. I should not have to have dealer maintenance performed before the product has even been used.

On another note, Ingersoll-Rand recommends use of synthetic oil in their compressors, however they ship it with standard oil already in the engine. This means they tested it with regular oil and you have to drain it yourself in order to put the manufacture recommended product in.

No comments:

Post a Comment