Sunday, June 30, 2013

TEKTON 4755 Oil/Water Separator

TEKTON 4755 Oil/Water Separator
  • Eliminates water buildup in air line
  • Traps water vapor to maximize air tool performance and extend tool life
  • Traps water and oil for a clean air spray job
  • Installs easily between air tool and line
  • Maximum air pressure: 150 psi

This filter does the job perfectly if you use it in the correct manner. A lot of people here are just using it wrong.

A. This is not a replacement for a larger "main" in-line water/oil separator. IE a 1/2, or 3/8 filter like;

http://www.amazon.com/Ingersoll-P39344-600-VS-2-Inch-Filter-Regulator-Piggyback/dp/B0057D8MCI/ref=pd_cp_hi_1

This unit is meant to be used at the input end of a paint spray gun, hence the low pressure. It not intended to run at 90+ PSI for something like an impact wrench or air hammer.

B. You can't hang this (or any water separator) right off your compressor and expect it to fill up with water. You need to provide room for the compressed air to condense the water out. IE 30+ feet of hose or pipe. I guarantee you if you don't see water after heavy use of your compressor move it to the end of a 50 foot hose and you will be draining it like a colonic bag!

C. Yes it's plastic. Would you rather have glass that would explode like a grenade the first time you drop it on the shop floor with it cranked up to 120psi?

D. The drain is on the bottom for a reason. See point A, its meant to be used while mounted at the end of a tool like a sprayer that remains upright. Not mounted on a hose that will lay on the floor.

I have mine at my spray gun behind 60 feet of plumbing and 2 other larger dedicated 3/8" water separators and it still collects a lot of water.

Buy TEKTON 4755 Oil/Water Separator Now

I wasn't sure if it will really work since it's not that expensive.... But it does!

I was spraying some paint and getting bubbles, so I got it for not-so-expensive investiment. Well, it worked and no bubble after that. I'm not the professional painter by any means but it works just fine for my need!!

Read Best Reviews of TEKTON 4755 Oil/Water Separator Here

I am using this unit inline with an HVLP spray gun on a large 60 gallon compressor. I do have compressor water filters at the compressor but wanted to be sure none got through to mar my spraying. This unit is small, and glass but the glass is very, very thick. I think you'd have to hit it with a hammer to break it. A small push pin in the bottom side of it releases any water collected.

Simple design and durable. It does the job.

Want TEKTON 4755 Oil/Water Separator Discount?

Good product. This has helped my air powered tools greatly by helping to keep the condensed water out of my tools.

Save 67% Off

I love this product, It removes all the water from my air line before it can get to my air tools, and water in air tools is bad, prolongs the life of all my tools.

No comments:

Post a Comment