Sunday, September 22, 2013

Factory-Reconditioned Graco HV2900 39 CFM HVLP Paint Spray Station

Factory-Reconditioned Graco HV2900 39 CFM HVLP Paint Spray Station
  • Maximum control ensures precise application
  • On board storage for 13-ft hose, cord and spray gun
  • Minimal overspray for less material wasted
  • Ideal for small to medium projects where precision and control are required
  • Spray a 6-ft x 6-ft area in 4 minutes

I could not recommend this product any higher! I actually own the model one step up from this one and I picked it up at Lowes because I needed in the same day but this one is almost identical. I decided to purchase a full kit like this with a turbine motor after a series of high cost, high frustration ventures into the world of air compressor/HVLP compressor style guns. The trick of matching up one of those guns with a compressor that can handle it while keeping on a budget is, in short, a nightmare. So, I made the leap into this combo expecting a working solution that would not give me as many options as the more intricate compressor set ups. I was wrong in nearly every way. As far as I can see for someone looking for a spray gun solution for anything less than auto paint or an entire house this is the only way to go. The turbine system on this gun is slightly less noisy than the chugging away of an air compressor although it is constant rather than intermittent. But the quality of the atomization it provides for a quarter the cost is well worth a little noise and you can always use some ear protection. The included DVD and instruction manual is more than sufficient to walk you throughout the idiot proof set up, use and clean up of the gun. And even with latex paint you don't need to thin the material a ton for this gun to work. I will say that if you think going HVLP will remove the need to cover everything in the area you're going to paint in you are kidding yourself. While I did notice a fairly dramatic decrease in the amount of blowback and overspray vs a traditional gun there simply is not a way to keep paint from floating unto your furniture and floors when you're spraying it. FInally this set up is great for someone just getting into the world of spray guns; the nozzle adjuster is very straightforward and conveniently located and all the other adjustments and settings are fairly automatic. Buy this system and you'll be painting like a pro within 15 minutes of opening the box and you'll be the happiest painter on your block too.

Buy Factory-Reconditioned Graco HV2900 39 CFM HVLP Paint Spray Station Now

I recently purchased a factory reconditioned Graco 2900 and could not be more impressed with its operation. The sprayer itself was very easy to use and I was amazed with how fast I was able to paint my garage door! Painting were giving me $150 estimates to paint the door so my sprayer paid for itself after its first use. It actually made painting fun. I told my wife after using it for my most recent project that I can't wait to use it again on all of our baseboards and door casings around the house. I highly recommend this sprayer!

Read Best Reviews of Factory-Reconditioned Graco HV2900 39 CFM HVLP Paint Spray Station Here

I have to say this thing really gets the job done and it takes so little effort and time that I actually don't shy away from painting anymore. I love to make primitive looking furniture which normally means 2 sometimes 3 different color coats of paint. It can get messy and time consuming with brushes. With the paint sprayer when I'm done with the first coat of paint I just pour my remainder paint back in the can (a cost saving feature I really like) do a quick spray rinse and pour in my next color for prep (which I am always done before the first coat dries anyways). Projects that normally take pretty much half the day now take less than two hours. The paint sprays very evenly and quickly too. The overspray is a little much so you do need to be sure to cover well and the air hose does occasionally pop out but these are simple quick things to fix and nothing to get in a huff about(note that when the hose pops off it doesnt spray paint on you its just for air only). You will also have to water down your paint but I actually like this because it just makes the paint go a little further saving money in the end. If you are going to do a large project like painting the house I recommend that you purchase the the larger paint container as the one that comes with it is small and suitable for smaller projects. All in all a great product for the price!!

Want Factory-Reconditioned Graco HV2900 39 CFM HVLP Paint Spray Station Discount?



I don't usually buy lower level products (One of the cheaper models), and especially reconditioned items. But, I have to say I was very happy with this purchase. I was looking at paint sprayers in the $300 range, but at the last minute gave this unit a try for $50. The packaged arrived with a pump that looked like it had been used one time (that was fine, because it stated it was reconditioned), it had a little paint on the black hose. The sprayer was new and still in the plastic bag. I bought the unit to paint a lot of old dark kitchen cabinets white. I used a pretty thick specialty cabinet paint with no thinning. It only took a couple of minute to adjust the setting were I was not getting on splatters. I used 3/4 of gallon of paint with no issues, very little over spray, good control, it even did a pretty good job of spraying the tops and bottom at steep angles. This was my main concern with a cheaper unit. Two coats and the cabinets look like new. I would give it 4.5 stars, especially for the price.

Update (3/8/13) Still very happy with the sprayer. I have used it 5 or 6 different times to spray cabinets. I would not want to use it to spray a house, but very good for medium size projects. One warning note I had a lot of trouble getting it to work th second time I used the sprayer. There is pin size hole in the dime size hole by the paint intake tub under the spray gun. This area must be clear or with will not sprayer. I spent 3 hours training to get it to work, you have to use a small wire or even a sharp pencil to clear the pencil size hole so it will work. I would give it 5 stars for the money -

Save 48% Off

I own a couple of air compressors, several airless painters and HVLP compressor-fed spray tools. At best, I get mixed results and time-consuming cleanups. I usually have small, one-shot DIY jobs that are too big for expensive spray cans but not big enough to haul out the heavy-duty stuff. I also own but rarely use another manufacturer's HVLP sprayer (difficult to get acceptable results). A painter friend suggested I try this one (refurbished) as a low cost alternative.

I couldn't be happier with my purchase. The box arrived with a refurbished compressor and a new plastic gun. There were a few minor paint spots indicating previous use but it is, after all, refurbished. The key to the gun is the brass needle; the competition's needle is plastic there is a difference. Most of the complaints about the product are due to insufficient cleaning following use. A few extra minutes to disassemble the gun and thoroughly clean it is the key to satisfaction. I know the video says you only have to run fresh water or solvent through it until it runs clear but you won't be happy the next time you use it if that's all you do.

The unit works great, does a wonderful job and is easy to clean up. I liked my purchase so much, I bought a second unit so that I don't have to carry it back and forth between my two DIY work sites.

No comments:

Post a Comment