Saturday, September 28, 2013

Makita AC310H 2.5HP High-Pressure Air Compressor

Makita AC310H 2.5HP High-Pressure Air Compressor
  • Makita high pressure compressor technology delivers 400 PSI capacity for the next generation of high pressure nailers.
  • Dual capacity: two universal couplers for conventional nailers (3.6 CFM at 90 PSI) and two couplers for high pressure nailers (2.7 CFM at 300 PSI).
  • Low amp draw reduces incidences of tripped breakers and voltage drop during start-ups.
  • Efficient dual-head (2 stage) pump provides faster recovery time and improved performance.
  • 1,720 RPM enables greater displacement at lower RPM and lower noise.

First I want to say that Amazon was stellar to work with in every regard. The compressor arrived incredibly quickly, as promised, and customer support was very focused in their attention to customer satisfaction and follow through.

As to Makita, my first impression was the cheap and poor job in their packaging of this heavy and comparatively expensive item. I was surprised at their indifference and lack of care in protecting their product. It displayed a definite lack of pride.

I attempted extensive research before purchasing this compressor but Makita's poorly drafted owner's manual, available online information and Makita's technical support left a lot to be desired. This compressor was not available locally so it was also not possible to evaluate one firsthand.

The options for a 400 PSI high-pressure portable compressor are few, so I decided to go with the Makita AC310H, relying on the fact that Makita is a well established company with a past reputation for decent quality power tools.

Regarding the design of the compressor, it appears that those responsible for its conception seem to have actually cared about their work, unfortunately however, they obviously were not able to oversee the production, quality control and packaging of it.

The initial appearance was actually impressive, but on closer inspection the lack of care in assembly is evident, from oversized wrenches rounding the corners, to some low quality components incorporated, to the failure of properly assembling the high-pressure regulator, to the unexplainable gouging and scratching on the bottom of the air tank.

Upon switching the compressor on it immediately failed to build higher pressures because of the aforementioned regulator. It was impossible to get to the regulator without disassembly of components so further reviewing could not be concluded. It was expeditiously returned into the confines of it's cheap cardboard box and was summarily sent packing. Kind of a shame as it really wasn't its fault.

It seems to me that the bean counters took a good design and then farmed it out to the lowest common manufacturing denominators in China with the sole intent of maximizing corporate profits, hence increasing their bonuses at the expense of their customers.

The Makita name on something now leaves me with an one star impression, and this buyer will be bypassing it in future tool prospects.

Buy Makita AC310H 2.5HP High-Pressure Air Compressor Now

Cheap regulator for such an expensive compressor. The high pressure regulator failed during testing the compressor for the first time out of the box. I received a new regulator under warrantee. I disassembled the old regulator to find out what happened. The threaded shaft for adjusting the pressure is made of steel with very fine thread. The nut that it runs through is made of soft brass. The threads in the brass are striped clean through. Because of the inferior materials used I can foresee this happening again and again.

Read Best Reviews of Makita AC310H 2.5HP High-Pressure Air Compressor Here

I bought this air compressor hoping to replace a makita MAC2400 that I had. I did not have a specific use for the high pressure system, but I liked the idea of high pressure for the future. I dont believe this compressor makes air as fast as my old one. If they had two hot dog tanks on it, I think it would be and awesome machine. But it doesn't catch up on air vary fast. It does run quiet and doesn't draw a lot of power. I think I will go back to my old compressor for my next purchase.

Want Makita AC310H 2.5HP High-Pressure Air Compressor Discount?

Makita AC310H 2.5HP High-Pressure Air CompressorMakita AC310H 2.5HP High-Pressure Air CompressorThe Makita AC310H 2.5HP High-Pressure Air Compressor I bought it from Amazon.com, it failed right out of the box, just like the rest of the reviews said, it leaked everywhere, never built pressure to 400, ran constantly, only got to 300 psi, the HP guns shoot at 320. It leaked when running from the head area, but when off no leaks, it's a failure of design passed off to USA. The Max high pressure, the compressors work well, light too, when the $1,400.00 to 1,500.00 item quits you'll not find a repairman or customer service, around, My 2 came back after a year in parts in a box saying a new one was cheaper than fixing either of the two (2) so $1,500.00 throw away compressors, get used to it. I'll be selling all six guns, but with a conscience, should I cheat someone? Or should I take my pleasure out with a sledge hammer, or a hood ornament for an Eitsil (Fords failure)It was pretty cost effective when using the concrete nailer less than half the cost of the Hilti, ramset, but factoring in the throw away compressor cost, and time dealing with a non-repairable item, as the Makita too. Buyer Beware run, don't walk, away from these items, it's a puzzle designed to beat you. The Makita AC310H 2.5HP High-Pressure Air Compressor is a hood Ornament for a junker. Amazon should not push this item, it's disappointing at least.

Save 47% Off

I'm a GC, and I bought the makita HP compressor & framing nailer two years ago. At the time there were no reviews here, and only a brief write up on some tool review website. I bought it because Im a bit of a tool junkie, and getting a new toy makes framing walls seem like more fun. Anyway, I figured I'd throw in my brief thoughts after reading all the negative reviews.

Mine works great, I love how quiet it is, how quiet the gun is, and oddly enough I love the makita hose more than anything else.

The gun is crazy light. Use it for a week then pick up a regular coil framing gun full of 3" spikes. This could be an exaggeration but it feels 5lbs lighter.

The compressor however is NOT crazy light. It's all motor, which I suspect is made of some tungsten lead super alloy. I move it around at night or other lowlight conditions, so nobody sees me struggling to tote this small compressor.

Full disclosureI've probably used this thing a total of 80 hrs. It's too nice for my guys to mangle, so it's locked up in my private tool section where the gremlins can't get to it.

All in all, it's a novelty to me. It's cool, looks sweet and is fun to use. I've never used it for anything that a regular gun and compressor couldn't have done. If you've got money to "waste" maybe you'll like it too.

No comments:

Post a Comment