Sunday, October 27, 2013

Porter-Cable CFBN125A 18-Gauge Brad Nailer Compressor Combo Kit

Porter-Cable CFBN125A 18-Gauge Brad Nailer Compressor Combo KitI bought this unit about a month ago, and I thought it was a bargain...!The main reason I bought it was to install wainscot (1/4" pine, tongue-in-groove boards) in a room which was 9'x25'. This tool really made the work go pretty fast. To put up the wainscot, it's preferable to nail it through the tongue; what can happen is that the nail (or your hammer!) splits the tongue and therefore makes the installation go slow. To avoid splitting, the wainscot mfgr. recommends predrilling the nail holes! Talk about slow installation! The porter cable nailer allowed me to put the nails in without much splitting of tongues, and it also put the nail in without requiring a nail set to get the nail even or below the surface of the wood.

The compressor plugs into a regular 110v AC outlet, and only runs when it needs to refill its air tank. I found that I could shoot 20-25 1" brads before the compressor would kick on and run for about 1 minute. The compressor is not quiet, but it isn't that loud either. The unit is easily carried from place to place (approx. 40 lbs) and doesn't take much space at the job site.

I've always wanted one of these, and I can see using it for a variety of around the home build-it jobs. One more thing, I bought nails for the nailer at Loew's, and they were

Save 28% Off

No comments:

Post a Comment