Saturday, November 30, 2013

GuardAir 14H01F 1/4-Inch FNPT High Flow Coupler

GuardAir 14H01F 1/4-Inch FNPT High Flow Coupler
  • US Industrial interchange type High Flow Series coupler are engineered to allow twice the flow of comparable sized standard couplers
  • Zinc plated steel construction
  • Work Range: 40-Degree-250-Degree F
  • Recommended for all Guardair safety air guns
  • 1/4-Inch Male NPT

Every time I connect or disconnect a tool or hose I am elated that we have the GuardAir High Flows instead of the mix mash of generic connectors we used to get by with.

These are one handed push to connect and one handed pull to "auto eject" disconnect. The machining is great and they have been bullet proof thus far.

When retrofitting our system I wish I would have known that a 3/8 connector will fit into a 1/4 coupler and vice versa. I unnecessarily purchased a bunch of 1/4in to 3/8in adapters and bushings. The only differences are the male and female threads. A high flow connector on a 1/4in hose will connect to a high flow coupler on a 3/8in hose. These high flows will not be compatible with non-high flow industrial, auto or universal couplers and connectors. Universal should be avoided as they always seem to leak due to having a come one come all fit.

The only thing that I might have looked at instead of these (had I known about them) are Legacy's solid stainless steel high flow connectors and couplings. I doubt I would have went with them as they are much more expensive and I don't see the GuardAirs failing, but I still would have gave it some thought.

No comments:

Post a Comment