Wednesday, December 25, 2013

Senco PC0968 Compressor, 1.5-Horsepower (PEAK) 2.5-Gallon

Senco PC0968 Compressor, 1.5-Horsepower 2.5-Gallon
  • Electric, hand-carry design
  • Oil-less
  • Weighing in at only 38-pounds
  • 2.5-gallon tank storage.
  • 135 PSI max pressure

This is a great, comparatively light, little compressor that drives my stapler; brad driver, 15 and 16-gauge finish nailers with ease. I have high expectations for any Senco product, so I did notice one minor design flaw if you plan to use a filter at the compressor connection.

The compressor's female quick release is facing more toward the roll bar frame instead of being angled away from it. There isn't enough physical space to clear a large in-line air filter, so instead of changing out the factory release, I simply used a swivel fitting on the air line (see my photo) to angle the filter and hose away from the frame. No big thing.

The stacked tank design doesn't seem to be as loud as pancake compressors, but is about what you would expect of a 1-1/2HP compressor. I still intend to fashion a noise shroud for indoor and woodshop use.

I should also mention that it took two tries to get a compressor delivered that wasn't damaged in transit. Damaged compressors seem to be a common problem at Amazon (read the horror stories under Makita) but this is attributable to bad compressor design, as much as rough handling during shipping. My compressors arrived by UPS, double-boxed with newspaper packing in between, yet the first compressor had a smashed pressure gauge inside. The inner box, from Senco, was not damaged in any way. So that must mean the gauge was damaged and shipped out anyway at the factory???

I have to praise Amazon Customer Service who replaced and delivered a perfect, new Senco compressor in just 72 hours--can't ask for better service than that.

Buy Senco PC0968 Compressor, 1.5-Horsepower (PEAK) 2.5-Gallon Now

This is a great little compresseor. I have a small contracting buisness and this compressor is light enough to carry through a house. It is quiet enough not to force everyone out of a room. It also is capable enough to handle finish work through light framing that you do in remodling work.

Read Best Reviews of Senco PC0968 Compressor, 1.5-Horsepower (PEAK) 2.5-Gallon Here

the Senco costs more than comparable capacity compressors but the quality of materials, workmanship, quietness, and reasonable weight (37#) made me happy to have paid the premium. I was doing a remodel job that required using a framing nailer....got 10 to 12 nails before the unit quickly and quietly recovered.

Want Senco PC0968 Compressor, 1.5-Horsepower (PEAK) 2.5-Gallon Discount?

I purchased this Senco Compressor after reading other positive reviews and I'm not disappointed. The unit is well-constructed and appears to be built to last. The pressure relief valve makes it easy to bleed air and the drain valve is brass and easy to operate. I especially like the quick on-off lever and the pressure limit control. All air fittings work as expected. The unit weighs little enough so that it's easy to transport using the well-balanced handle. Noise is something that all of these small compressors produce but the PC0968 doesn't make too much of it at least in my subjective opinion.

Save 15% Off

After researching the "smaller" compressors, the pc0968 was a perfect match. Billing was easy, shipping was quick, and the little guy works awesome. When the box came, I thought it was a toy. All around, great little unit. Lightweight, very, very, VERY quiet, super fast to pump up and recover. Haven't tried my framer yet, but I'm sure she will do ok.

No comments:

Post a Comment