Wednesday, April 30, 2014

SPT WA-1140DE Dual-Hose 11,000-BTU Portable Air Conditioner with Remote Control

SPT WA-1140DE Dual-Hose 11,000-BTU Portable Air Conditioner with Remote ControlIts two years since I purchased this and happened upon this link today. I remember doing a great amount of research when I bought this unit. It is NOT like the one being reviewed with 2 stars.

One key point it has two hoses input and output (not one like many units out there). It's very good at evaporating the water it takes out of the room (the two hoses are supposedly responsible for this efficiency). I have yet to empty the tank. The unit comes with a window package that holds the tubes in place (its made of heavy duty plastic).

As to moving it around, no big problems it is a beast to move on the stairs, but ..... its an air conditioner, not a fan.

I normally use it to cool down a 20x20 room (9 foot ceilings). It does take longer than I'd like, but if it's a humid night, it gets the room in a "sleepable" condition in about 1 hour.

The reason for not giving it 5 stars is that the remote control gives you options that you can't get from the panel. If you lose the remote, you lose the functionality (there may be a secret set of buttons you push to get the function, I haven't figure them out yet). The manufacturer's site is lacking in docs.

I bought this AC after reading the 2 star review and I am very glad I did. I live in the college dorms and this AC does an excellent job cooling my room and I have not experienced any of the concerns posted by the other reviewer. I've got a few other friends with Portable A/C units and none work as well as this one.

The wheels roll fine on the dorm room carpet, I've had this A/C for over a month and have yet to empty the water tank, and this A/C gets my room as cold as I could ever want it, and could get it even colder if I so desired.

I got this unit on sale for ~$230 and this has been a great investment.

Buy SPT WA-1140DE Dual-Hose 11,000-BTU Portable Air Conditioner with Remote Control Now

My unit had great cooling abilities. It was able to easily cool my living and dining rooms, but it leaked water all over the floor. Initially, the leakage started about hour into operating and it really leaked after I turned it off. It seemed to release all water the tank may have held. It just drained onto my floor.

This unit is supposed to have a built in reservoir tank for holding water. The compressor is supposed to shut down when tank is full and a indicator light is supposed to come on to alert that tank needs drainage. I never had a problem with water leaking from the drain plug. The leakage had nothing to do with the water removal hose. It was leaking underneath.

It may have been damaged in transport or it may just be a faulty unit. I really don't know. The reservoir tank is built into the unit and cannot be seen. I had no desire to pull out a screw driver and take it apart. It is possible it was cracked, but it's also possible it's poorly made. Either way, a real disappointment. It was very effective in cooling. I wasn't inclined to try a replacement, instead I purchased a window unit. One other thing, the dual hoses are expandable, but if you expand in an effort to move unit away from window, the intake and exhaust hoses pop out. The don't lock into place well.

Read Best Reviews of SPT WA-1140DE Dual-Hose 11,000-BTU Portable Air Conditioner with Remote Control Here

Price is good, Delivery was good, After 2 weeks of use--the unit is running very good so-far.

The best part about the unit is---it's the only model/company that has an AC that will turn itself back on after a power-outage!!

Here in Los Angeles, we have many power outages every summer.

I looked high and low and the SPT is the only unit offering this feature.

Plus***the sales dept./salesman, Mr. Wyn at SPT is VERY helpful, extremely knowledgable and customer satisfaction oriented.

I give their customer service/sales an A++, and their AC unit an A+.

Enjoy

Want SPT WA-1140DE Dual-Hose 11,000-BTU Portable Air Conditioner with Remote Control Discount?

When I recived the unit it was covered in oil like substance. I could tell the box had been opened and re-shut. To me it seems like they where trying to sell an item that had been already returned. I am returning it for the same one. If this one doesn't work I am going to get a refund for sure. They also need to package the product better. It was a joke how they had this 100lb ac packed.

Save 27% Off

No comments:

Post a Comment