Saturday, May 24, 2014

Makita 5007MG Magnesium 7-1/4-Inch Circular Saw

Makita 5007MG Magnesium 7-1/4-Inch Circular Saw
  • Quick change from 0 to 45 degrees and back using positive stops that are connected to easy-to-grip-levers
  • Easy-to-read number and ruler markings on base and depth guide allow user to measure and follow cuts accurately
  • Reinforced power cord withstands jobsite abuse
  • Easy one-handed adjustments using large, rubberized levers
  • 1 year warranty

I bought this saw about a month ago and I love that it is so light compared to the Milwaukee saws. I am normally a Milwaukee guy , but I wanted to try a different brand so I took a chance on Makita. I own a lot of Makita tools just not there saws . I am a carpenter and I need stuff to last because it gets used every day for 8+ hours. After I used the saw I love the balance and weight I also think the LED work light is a nice thing to have in low light conditions. All around I would recommend to all people that need a saw that is built to last!!!

Buy Makita 5007MG Magnesium 7-1/4-Inch Circular Saw Now

This is the best circular saw I have ever used. I used to own the previous version, 5007FK. I'm a homeowner, not a pro, and my old saw 'disappeared' when some contractors were at the house. I went for this upgraded model as a replacement and haven't been disappointed. I've used it on multiple projects (deck, bookcases, some light framing) and it is powerful and cuts true. It is a big improvement over the old version in several ways. The ergonomics are better, the adjustment levers are now rubber coated (used to be smaller hard plastic knobs), and the cast magnesium base is more solid than the old stamped aluminum base. Also, the blade guard is redesigned and no longer binds up on 2x material. Great saw. Highly recommended. Comparison shop against the Milwaukee and the Porter-Cable (forget the DeWalts) and you'll see this Makita comes in first. My only complaint is that the included blade is junk mine lost two carbide teeth on my first project. Ditch the blade for a good Irwin or DeWalt blade.

Read Best Reviews of Makita 5007MG Magnesium 7-1/4-Inch Circular Saw Here

I have used the current models of Dewalt, Hitachi and Milwaukee circular saws extensively, and this saw is hands down better than any of those. I use the saw every day,I have had this opportunity because my tools have been stolen a couple times(ouch)

The makita LXT impact and drill are so good that I thought I would try out this tool.

A list of what I noticed about this saw the first time I used it. I was astonished how quickly I noticed this stuff in use,

it seemed only all right when I checked it out at the store.

1. It has a silky smooth start up

2. It has excellent ergonomic grips

3. It is quieter and sounds better

4. It has an light to see your line, (much more useful than I thought it would be)

5. The adjustment levers function better and are easier to grab

6. Onboard storage for blade removal hex key

7. The angle adjustments and depth stop are easier to see.

8. It comes with the rip guide (much more useful that you would think)

9. The cord is installed to the body of the tool like they mean for it to stay and not fray

10. and does it ever cut smoothly,

it does not however have a electric brake, the 5007mga does though i believe.

This saw is on a different plane,

Thanks Makita engineers, you are making some amazing tools right now.

And other guys, come on seriously catch up.

Want Makita 5007MG Magnesium 7-1/4-Inch Circular Saw Discount?

I have used nothing but the base model makitas and have loved them. I was in the market for a new saw and thought this would be the top of all circular saws. It is great for bevels, very easy to set an accurate angle. Depth adjustment is a snap. Always having the wrench on the saw is a big plus.

The only problem that I have is the guard. I don't know if all the saws have this problem but my guard is always giving me problems. It just doesn't want to ride up as I make a cut.

As a precision-oriented professional home-remodeler, I finally got fed-up with the DeWalt 364 I had been using for the past 14 years. It is a rugged saw, to be sure, but I could never get it aligned properly, so ripping with the fence has always been an adventure. I finally gave up and just started ripping everything free-hand. Also, the blade would deflect terribly when ripping along a bevel. ANYWAY, I bought this Makita 5007MG and LOVE the saw. It's lighter, very well-balanced for me, and cuts incredibly accurately. The rubber grips everywhere are appreciated. The bevel lever and pre-set stops are great. Even the depth-of-cut guide is quite accurate. The led lights are a great bonus and are very effective even in total darkness. Oddly, they are on whenever the saw is plugged in, though led's do have a very long life, so this may be of little concern. All in all this saw is a pleasure to use, particularly for me as a left-hander--very easy to see the line-of-cut. I'm not sure why the complaint from another lefty in another review.

Where this package falls short is in the case, the rip guide, and the cord. The case is the same old generic case Makita has been using for all its sidewinders for years. The saw barely fits, and there's virtually no room for blade storage--2 blades max. I like to have beater blades, new blades, masonry blades, finish blades all in the case. As for the rip fence, it's pretty minimal. The arm is so short that its max rip is a measly 7 or 8 inches. Also, the most you can rip to the right of the blade is 3", and the least you can rip to the left is 3 5/8". The range in between is missing altogether. The hook which allows the fence to slide in under the saw's sole plate should be bent slightly longer to allow you to shove it all the way over, tighten the nut, and rip an accurate 3 1/2"--handy for plywood filler strips for 2x4 framing. Lastly, even though the saw is double-insulated and doesn't require a three-prong cord, it should have one. Even if the ground prong is a dummy prong, it sure helps any tool stay plugged into an extension cord. Hopefully, Makita will figure this stuff out. I should send these comments to the company. Buy the saw anyway. It's a great one.

No comments:

Post a Comment