Wednesday, August 27, 2014

Interstate Pneumatics G2111-160 2 Inch160 PSI - 1/8 Inch NPT Rear Mount Pressure Gauge

Interstate Pneumatics G2111-160 2 Inch160 PSI - 1/8 Inch NPT Rear Mount Pressure Gauge
  • Dial Diameter: 2"
  • Delivery PSI: 0-160
  • Inlet Thread: 1/8" NPT
  • Mounting Type: Bottom Mount

I have a 20+ year old Topeak Joe Blow bike pump. It's the "public-use" pump I bring to the many bike clinics I do as a volunteer over the years. Thousands of bikes, car tires, kids balls and sports equipment 2 decades and constant abuse and the pump had never failed ... until the gauge started to leak about a year ago. In the last couple of months, the rubberized cover popped up suddenly at 100 psi a couple of times and once nearly smacked me in the cheek. So I took apart the gauge assembly and found the zinc cast threaded 1/8th NPT nipple had cracked. That was the source of the leak. There was insufficient thread left to keep the gauge screwed in. So I ordered this inexpensive Interstate Pneumatics gauge and it had better housing attachment and better machined metal on the base and was more than accurate enough for my bike tires. Even the old rubber housing around the old bike pump gauge fit just right around this new gauge. Now my old friendly pump is back in service.

No comments:

Post a Comment