Monday, August 25, 2014

Porter-Cable BN138 5/8-Inch to 1-3/8-Inch 18-Gauge Brad Nailer

Porter-Cable BN138 5/8-Inch to 1-3/8-Inch 18-Gauge Brad Nailer
  • Long-life, maintenance-free motor to keep from staining the work surface
  • Internal piston catch for consistent max power on every shot
  • Rear exhaust to keep contaminants away from work
  • Drives 18-gauge nails from 5/8-inch to 1-3/8-inch length
  • Tool-free depth-of-drive adjustment with detents for proper setting of nail heads

Since March,I have frequently(this afternoon in fact)used this brad nailer. I would advise anyone searching for an inexpensive,reliable 18-gauge nailer to buy this one.

However, please be aware of one problem that I had with this nailer. After its delivery,I tried using it with 3/4-inch PORTER-CABLE brads that I had purchased separately. The brads would not feed properly. Each time I used a brad,I had to open the nailer and push the entire row of brads forward in order to send another brad into the wood I was nailing. I nearly returned the item to Amazon, but instead remembered that I had once read comments that said that minutely different brad sizes could cause the feed problems that I was experiencing. Sure enough, a pack of generic(and cheaper)"3/4" inch brads worked perfectly.

Lesson learned: Buy the brad nailer; consider another brand of brads!

Buy Porter-Cable BN138 5/8-Inch to 1-3/8-Inch 18-Gauge Brad Nailer Now

This isn't the most expensive brad nailer one can purchase, so I've waited until I've put several large boxes of fasteners through it before reviewing it. It's been a joy to use: light and maneuverable and reliable. It has a low enough profile to fit into small spaces, is easy to fire, easy to adjust depth, and sinks the brads consistently without marring the work. It's not especially loud, as pneumatic nailers go, and is easy to maintain. Finally, I am delighted by its build quality and performance.

Read Best Reviews of Porter-Cable BN138 5/8-Inch to 1-3/8-Inch 18-Gauge Brad Nailer Here

I purchase this nailer to do some mouldings and it worked great. I have a finish nailer but its loud. The porter cable is really nice. I enjoyed using it. I would recommend over other finish nailers.

Want Porter-Cable BN138 5/8-Inch to 1-3/8-Inch 18-Gauge Brad Nailer Discount?

I have always been a Porter-Cable fan, since the early 80's. This Brad Nail Gun continues to support my faith. I have shot three different lengths on several wood projects, and I have not had a single mis-fire or jam. It is light, easy to load, easy to adjust depth, and has a good line of sight to the shot area. It works great. I can receommend this product without hesitation.

Bought this for doing the fine finishing and trim work on cabinets I am building. Works great and would recommend it to anyone.

No comments:

Post a Comment