Monday, October 20, 2014

Tripp Lite TLM812GF 8-Outlet Safety Power Strip with GFCI Plug and Metal Housing 12ft Cord, OSHA Yel

Tripp Lite TLM812GF 8-Outlet Safety Power Strip with GFCI Plug and Metal Housing 12ft Cord, OSHA Yellow
  • 8 outlets distribute AC power to a wide range of power tools, pumps, machinery, air compressors and more
  • Convenient transformer outlets accommodate multiple transformers without blocking other outlets
  • 12-foot grounded cord with integrated cord clip reaches distant outlets
  • GFCI plug protects users from electrical shock in wet or humid environments
  • Lighted on/off switch provides power control over connected equipment

Well surely not what I expected when I ordered. Amazon DESCRIPTION STATES: GFCI plug protects users from electrical shock in wet or humid environments.

So here I am, wondering if I will keep it, use it or return this. I use ONLY Tripp Lite for every single outlet inside our home for surge protection. I love the company. But I bought this to run 2 outdoor Large water fountains and now am not sure how to proceed. I called their customer service phone number (NOT an 800 number by the way). But was rewarded with an AMERICAN voice who explained to me the power strip needs to be "enclosed" to be safe. Kind of defeats the "GFCI plug protects users from electrical shock in wet or humid environments" claim. Most likely I will keep this as it is extremely heavy duty structurally (NO surge protection either but never claimed to have that).

Buy Tripp Lite TLM812GF 8-Outlet Safety Power Strip with GFCI Plug and Metal Housing 12ft Cord, OSHA Yel Now

GFCI protection is needed around water. Very nice power strip. Tripp Lite makes excellent products. I would highly recommend. 12 Foot cord great.

Read Best Reviews of Tripp Lite TLM812GF 8-Outlet Safety Power Strip with GFCI Plug and Metal Housing 12ft Cord, OSHA Yel Here

The power strip handles act as a cord wrap, which is a nice bonus. Does the job, really tough unit. Nice to have a GFCI in it.

Want Tripp Lite TLM812GF 8-Outlet Safety Power Strip with GFCI Plug and Metal Housing 12ft Cord, OSHA Yel Discount?

In my old house I needed to get power to different rooms. An electrician showed me that the wiring in our home was old and not capable to support providing power for all of the devices (laptop, TV, monitor, video game console, etc). Some of our wiring was replaced by the electrician (aluminum is now copper). That helped but getting the Tripp Lite was a way to provide power to all of the devices safely and with a built-in GFCI circuitry now provides a lot of relief and peace of mind.

No comments:

Post a Comment