Thursday, June 27, 2013

Frigidaire FAC126P1A Compact II 12,000-BTU Room Air Conditioner with Electronic Controls

Frigidaire FAC126P1A Compact II 12,000-BTU Room Air Conditioner with Electronic ControlsThis air conditioner I purchased new for around $269.00. Its small width, (hence the name Compact II) fits in the small width double hung window that I needed it for (I believe my window is 24" width). Most standard sized window units will not. This is one of the reasons for buying it, along with its low price. This unit blows extremely cold and cools my living room and kitchen with ease even on the most brutal summer days in New York. I have no complaints about the ability of this unit to cool whatsoever. My only complaint is it is extremely noisy it sounds like a factory. It is even very noisy at its lowest fan setting. The manual says to lower the fan if it is too noisy, but that is an exercise in futility. So if you're gonna have to hear it, might as well leave it at maximum. I like the variable fan speed feature. So one would be hard pressed to find a 12,000 BTU for the price of this Frigidaire unit, but you WILL be stuck with the noise. Frigidaire should reverse engineer a Panasonic air conditioner if they want to be serious about competing in this market.

I gave it a generous three stars because of its impractical noise levels.

Scratch the first review. I spoke, or typed too soon. Do not buy this air conditioner. After returning the first one because it was damaged before shipping, the second one has broken as well. Used it for about 6 days in total. The compressor has stopped working completely, just makes a buzzing sound and emits a burning odor. I've had it for about 50 days in total so the return policy is useless. I'm extremely dissapointed with purchase and feel like I have wasted $300+. Tried contacting frigidaire but no luck so far. Unfortunately I can't edit the original rating. I'll update this review with specifics on how Amazon deals with the situation. Again, be extremely careful if you are considering purchasing this air conditioner.

05/22/08 Just want to update this review in terms of how Amazon handled the situation. After calling and Emailing customer service I received an Email from Amazon stating that "As it seems that the problem with this item is more widespread than we originally thought, we are not able to send another replacement. We will gladly refund you in full for the return of this item." It took a few Emails but Amazon refunded me in full for the air conditioner and shipping. I was impressed with how they quickly apologized and offered a full refund; very good customer service. The air conditioner gets 1 star, but Amazon gets 5. I have since purchased an LG 8000 BTU air conditioner. The fan isn't quite as strong, but it's much quieter and the air gets just as cool as the frigidaire. I've used it for about 15 days and the compressor is still working.

Buy Frigidaire FAC126P1A Compact II 12,000-BTU Room Air Conditioner with Electronic Controls Now

Easy as pie to install, works exactly as expected. Keeps a huge room nice and cool. Was delivered in 2 days, love Amazon Prime.

Read Best Reviews of Frigidaire FAC126P1A Compact II 12,000-BTU Room Air Conditioner with Electronic Controls Here

I bought three of these for my office. 2 years later, all of the compressors have stopped working. Even when they were working, the three units were loud and they did not cool very effectively. Based on my experience with these air conditioners, I will never buy Frigidaire again and I would recommend you avoid them.

Want Frigidaire FAC126P1A Compact II 12,000-BTU Room Air Conditioner with Electronic Controls Discount?

I spent 3 hours reading specs and reviews on window units. This had the highest energy rating (10) when I bought it 4 summers ago. It cool 540 sq ft. I live on the second floor and the central air couldn't maintain in the dead of summer. This unit saved my summers. A big plus is when fall is cooling down and spring is heating up, there are many weeks you can use this unit (with a fan blowing into your main living area) by itself and save on central cooling. I keep it in the master bedroom so I can turn off the central air at bedtime and sleep in a comfortable room. Its has been the most money save purchase I've made in years. Very important! It' footprint allows installation into a small window. Don't forget to measure.

No comments:

Post a Comment