Saturday, July 27, 2013

AIR SAND BLASTER KIT - AIR TOOLS

AIR SAND BLASTER KIT - AIR TOOLS
  • Comes with three 1/4" Nozzles
  • 13/64" Air Jet
  • Key wrench
  • 10 ft. hose & pick-up tool

I purchased this to sandblast some rust off of my cast iron tub and the tub feet. I first tried it on the feet, since they are small. First of all, this comes with virtually no instructions. There are some instructions on the back which tell you about changing the nozzle, but nothing about actual use. It comes with 4 nozzles, but I could not figure out what the difference is between the nozzles, other than two are silver and two are brass. I am sure it is actually two sets of nozzles and backups, but nowhere does it tell you the difference. One would think it would be the nozzle sizes, but they looked exactly the same, including the output hole.

I figured out what must be the only way to use this product attach your air compressor to the gun, and run the black tubing to the inlet valve on the bottom of the gun barrel. Then, attach the other end of the hose to the metal pipe, and stick the pipe into your sand. When you squeeze the trigger, the valve on the gun barrel should siphon out sand into the barrel, where the air output causes the sanblast effect. Seems simple, but just plain doesn't work. The hose would not siphon any sand. It would trickle about 1/3 of the way up and then stop. I was able to get sand to come out by putting my bucket of sand on top of a ladder, and holding the gun below it and upside down, to use gravity to pull the sand into the gun, but even then, the effort was hardly worth the meager output.

I have a professional DeWalt 300 PSI 5 gallon air compressor, and I turned the regulated pressure all the way up to 250, so that should be more than sufficient, but there was not enough suction to pull up the sand. Air leaks out of the gun through the handle. Also, once I was able to get it working, the gun would lose pressure from my compressor after about 7-8 seconds. So then I would have to sit and wait for the compressor to fill up again (again, I have a large 5 gallon tank).

This is one of the worst products I have ever bought, simply because it did not work at all and was completely useless to me.

EDIT 10/9/09 According to a commenter, you may need to adjust the plastic tubing to suck up air in addition to the sand to get this to work correctly. I'll stick with the 1 star review for now, since it should have come with better instructions if that is the case.

Buy AIR SAND BLASTER KIT - AIR TOOLS Now

The picture clearly shows a blaster handle with four ceramic nozzles.

What arrived had four steel nozzles, which are inferior they wear out quickly and cost less than ceramic. That's pretty deceptive.

I bought this primarily to get the nozzle holder this entire kit cost less than buying just the one piece, so I gave it two stars instead of one because that piece was fine.

Also, the black hose in the kit absolutely reeks of mothballs(?). I opened the box and then had to get it out of the house. It sounds weird but you really couldn't store this in the basement.

In any case, if the seller is shipping metal in place of steel you can do better on the price, so look elsewhere.

Read Best Reviews of AIR SAND BLASTER KIT - AIR TOOLS Here

There were no instructions with the kit and no way of getting the information.

The Kit requires almost double the pressure that was listed in sales.

I would suggest this unit be used by hobby people for a part time use. Thanks Kay

No comments:

Post a Comment