Monday, July 29, 2013

ETQ IN3500I 3,500 Watt 149.5cc 4-Stroke Gas Powered Portable Inverter Generator

ETQ IN3500I 3,500 Watt 149.5cc 4-Stroke Gas Powered Portable Inverter GeneratorI purchased this generator in February 2010. I tried to use it six times during the summer for a small air conditioner. It lost it's ignition spark and will not start. I took it to a factory authorized repair shop and they found the manufacturer does not have replacement parts for it. I am out $849.99, with a generator that cannot be repaired and would not recomend anyone purchase this generator. I am very disappointed Amazon has it for sale under these circumstances.

The ETQ invertor/generator that we purchased works very well. It took a few pulls of the starter for the initial startup, but subsequent startups are quick and easy. It has good reserve wattage for most applications that we use it for. It will run a 10,000btu combination portable A/C-Heater and start a 2hp small air compressor and run it. It is slightly more noisy than the 2KW Honda, but it is 1KW more output and one third the price. It is a good product for now, we just have to wait and see how long it lasts.

Buy ETQ IN3500I 3,500 Watt 149.5cc 4-Stroke Gas Powered Portable Inverter Generator Now

Can't beat the price but you can definitely hear the difference btwn this product and high dollar high quality products. The Amazon ad says 60db noise level but when it arrived, the product specs say 60-65db. Remember each 3db DOUBLES the noise level! Heavy but the smooth handle and case make it not to difficult to lug around a short distance. Took many pulls to get it started the first time and it died the first time I started the camper 13500BTU A/C unit but the gen was in ECO mode (auto throttle mode). After that I run it in normal mode when I want to run the A/C. The RPMs oscillate in ECO mode under minimal load which does not inspire confidence in quality. Wondering how many seasons I'll get out of it.

Update: 2 years later and it still works. I've mistreated it by leaving gas in it for long periods of time. I just pop the carb off, disassemble it, and do a thorough cleaning and she fires right back up again. some of the plastic covers tend to pop off occasionally when I'm moving it around but that doesn't effect the performance. I've upgraded my rating to 4 stars because of the reliability.

Read Best Reviews of ETQ IN3500I 3,500 Watt 149.5cc 4-Stroke Gas Powered Portable Inverter Generator Here

I bought this unit to run my 15000 BTU AC in my travel trailer. Got the unit in and was very excited to give it a try. I was soon disapointed to find out that it would not start the AC. I had been told that a 3000 watt gen would do this but this unit would not no matter what I tried. I then got a friend to bring his 2800 watt unit of a different brand. It would start the AC just fine. I ended up buying a Yamaha 3000 watt which does the job great. I wish this little unit would have worked because it is half the weight of the yamaha. It is still a good little gen but just doesnt have the umph to start bigger items. It is also not load but it is a little noisy compared to the Yamaha.

Want ETQ IN3500I 3,500 Watt 149.5cc 4-Stroke Gas Powered Portable Inverter Generator Discount?

EASTERN TOOL GENERATOR MODEL IN-3500I

I WAS IMMEDIATELY ATTRACTED TO THIS GENERATOR FOR ITS COMPACT SIZE, LOW NOISE ATTRIBUTES AND PRICE TAG. IT MIMICKS THE YAMAHA GENERATORS IN COLOR AND I'M CERTAIN, BY NO COINCIDENCE. I RECEIVED THIS ITEM QUITE QUICKLY FROM AMAZON AS IT IS A RATHER LARGE AND HEAVY PACKAGE. I READ THE ENTIRE MANUAL BEFORE ADDING GAS OR OIL AND BECAME VERY FAMILIAR WITH ITS RUNNING PROCESS.

AFTER ADDING GAS AND OIL I SPENT OVER 1 HOUR TRYING TO GET THIS GENERATOR RUNNING. IT WOULD START FOR ABOUT 20 SECONDS AND THEN JUST QUIT. IT WAS AS THOUGH THE UNIT WAS GETTING TOO MUCH GAS OR NOT ENOUGH. I TRIED EVERY COMBINATION WITH THE CHOKE LEVER, FUEL COCK POSITIONS AND SO ON, WITH NO LUCK. IN THE PROCESS OF TRYING TO START THIS GENERATOR I ALSO NOTICED IN ITS POOR DESIGN THAT THE PULL STARTER RUBBED A 1" BURN INTO THE PLASTIC. THIS OCCURRED BECAUSE THE DESIGN IS SUCH THAT YOU PULL THE STARTER CORD UPWARDS FROM A LATERAL POSITION ON THE UNIT AND THE STRING ALWAYS RUBS THE PLASTIC. AFTER ENOUGH FRICTION IT BURNS A RATHER LARGE LINE INTO THE PLASTIC. THE REMEDY FOR THIS WOULD BE TO START THIS DEVICE ON A TABLE OR DEVICE THAT PUTS THE GENERATOR AT LEVEL WITH YOUR ARM WHICH IS JUST PLAIN RIDICULOUS UNLESS YOUR RUNNING IT IN THE BED OF A TRUCK. THE STARTER CORD SHOULD HAVE BEEN PLACED SO THAT YOU PULL UPWARDS.

BY BIGGEST COMPLAINT HOWEVER HAS BEEN THE LACK OF ANY KIND OF RESPONSE FROM EASTERN TOOL COMPANY WHO BUILDS THIS "ALL SIZZLE BUT NO STEAK" GENERATOR AFTER SENDING 2 EMAILS CONCERNING THE STARTING PROBLEM. I DONT CARE SO MUCH THAT THIS UNIT HAS A RUNNING PROBLEM AS MUCH AS I AM DISAPPOINTED THAT I HAVEN'T HEARD ANY RESPONSE FROM THE COMPANY WHO BUILT IT. I WILL TRY AGAIN ONE MORE TIME TO CONTACT THEM AND THEN I'LL JUST TAKE IT TO A SMALL ENGINE REPAIR SHOP. I WOULD NOT RECOMMEND THIS PRODUCT TO ANYONE AND I WOULD NOT RECOMMEND THIS COMPANY AND ITS OTHER PRODUCTS EITHER. MY ADVICE: SPEND THE EXTRA MONEY AND GET A TIME TESTED AND PROVEN PRODUCT FROM YAMAHA, HONDA OR OTHER...

Save 5% Off

No comments:

Post a Comment