Friday, August 23, 2013

Black & Decker #5140045-42 Replacement A/C Charger

Black & Decker #5140045-42 Replacement A/C Charger
  • Geniune OEM replacement part
  • Replacement Charger for many Black and Decker / Vector Battery chargers
  • Part # 5140045-42

This product does not fit the VEC012C, even though it says that it's compatible with the VEC012C. Beware when purchasing.

Buy Black & Decker #5140045-42 Replacement A/C Charger Now

I purchased this unit from Tyler tool. Within 2 months the air pump broke. Then the plug would not work. the final straw was it would not take a charge. I called the black and Decker customer service and some guy by the name Angelo answered the phone. After giving me the run around about finding my receipt which I did, he tells me I have to lug this thing to the post office and send it to them and they might send me a new unit upon inspection. This charger was fully under the warranty but he wanted me to pay 20.00 to ship it to him so (Instead of sending me a new unit and paying the postage to return old one) they could check to see if I had a new one coming to me. He also goes on to tell me the charger was an old model they had trouble with, but it was not there fault, because they purchased a company that was responsible for the charge. ( it did have black and Decker all over it) I might have well kissed the 20 bucks goodbye, because I think it might have been going to India. Anyway to make a long story short, Black and Decker will not stand behind there products. He gave me some cock and bull story about how they bought this company from vector and the charger was defective. So I guess the consumer is the collateral damage. I hope this helps other consumers with there purchase, because if I ever see Black and Decker again I will not buy there products. Oh by the way I dumped the charger in the dumpster.

Read Best Reviews of Black & Decker #5140045-42 Replacement A/C Charger Here

I purchased this for the Vector/Black & Decker SLH100V HID flashlight. It requires 13.8vdc / 750ma. This power supply is 12vdc / 500 ma output. It's imported junk & was a waste of money.

Want Black & Decker #5140045-42 Replacement A/C Charger Discount?

***

Be careful out there!

There are various pin sizes and the Barrel Plug is just too small for my booster pack (Husky HSK012HD). It depends on the age of the product to be charged, I am told. I went straight to Black and Decker Service (Baccus Global 1-877-571-2391)and was able to purchase it for more money plus shipping, totaled about $24.00, but at least now I have the correct charger. FYI the various Black and Decker replacement etc web sites all carry this version (P/N 5140045-42) which was the wrong version for this charger.

Based on the compatibility list, I purchased this charger for my Vector VEC010S Jump Starter. Unfortunately the barrel plug doesn't even fit the charging receiver on the Jump Starter. So for me it was a no-go right out of the box. It should also be noted that this transformer weighs mere ounces it feels like a nearly empty plastic box. Now I'm no expert on "wall warts", but every other plug-in transformer I own is quite dense and weighty. What did they leave out of this one?

No comments:

Post a Comment