Thursday, December 26, 2013

GREX AOS368 2-Inch 105-Degree Angle Random Orbital Sander

GREX AOS368 2-Inch 105-Degree Angle Random Orbital Sander
  • Patented one piece housing design for more reliable performance
  • Uses standard hook and loop sanding paper of your choice
  • Ergonomic housing with thermal isolator for continual usage
  • Santoprene Grip for superior comfort with a variety of applications
  • Ideal for corners and tight areas that an inline sander can't reach

I really like this tool. It works very well for the purpose for which I bought itworking in tight places. I would further comment on a review I read BEFORE buying this tool. IT DOES REQUIRE A HIGH VOLUME OF AIR!! A "kiddie compressor" will not do! I have a 6 Hp/ 33 gallon compressor and it works OK for this tool. A larger system would be better. So, if you wish to use this tool with a small volume compressor, you may be dissapointed in the performance of this tool.

Buy GREX AOS368 2-Inch 105-Degree Angle Random Orbital Sander Now

In the Canadian Woodworking magazine (Aug/Sep 08) it states this sander "is one of the few air sanders that can be operated on a portable air compressor" this is NOT true. This sander works less than one minute with a portable air compressor. I discovered later in the Woodcraft October Catalog that they note the sander requires a minimum of a 60 gallon capacity compressor or equiivalent to operate. I am sorry I bought this sander.

Read Best Reviews of GREX AOS368 2-Inch 105-Degree Angle Random Orbital Sander Here

I'm a woodturner, and use this sander a lot for finishing bowls and other turned vessels. It's great for removing concentric scratches and tool marks that can happen when turning wood on a lathe. Mine has worked flawlessly in a busy shop for about four years so far. I keep it lubricated as described in the documentation and have had no problems with it at all. Yes, it requires a real compressor. The gallon and horsepower numbers mean nothing. If your compressor can't produce about 8 cfm of air at the required psi, expect it to run a lot. Previous reviews talking about "6 hp" compressors are going by the "peak" horsepower ratings, and not the actual running horsepower. If you're plugging your compressor into a 110v outlet, it's probably not gonna be able to keep up with this sander. (I know this because I used my Grex sander with a "6 hp" buzz bomb compressor for over a year before I got a compressor running a real 5 hp motor on a 40 amp 220v circuit.) If you've got a real compressor, this is a great tool.

Want GREX AOS368 2-Inch 105-Degree Angle Random Orbital Sander Discount?

I bought this to use with lathe spindle and bowl sanding. It works great! I have a 1.5 HP 20 gallon Emglo compressor and this tool works very well with this set up. I would definitley suggest not using a pancake compressor, but the 20 gal kept up. The ability to swap out sand paper quickly and easily with the hook and loop sandpaper is a nice feature. The sanding disc paper is not cheap, but does last a good while. The safety catch takes some getting use to the first few times, but then becomes second nature. The angled head allows you to get into tite spots very easily. I really like this tool and the price is very reasonable for the quality of the tool. Options are a 3 inch disc and an extension allowing you to get inside hollow forms. Great Tool!

Save 27% Off

This thing does not perform well at all! It spins well until you put against something and then it stops with very little pressure. I am running it with a large compressor (6 HP 30 gallon tank)with proper pressure and volume. It is almost useless. I wish I would have just bought a small angle die grinder instead. Don't waste your money on this tool!

No comments:

Post a Comment