Saturday, February 22, 2014

Ingersoll Rand F35121-400-VS 1/4-Inch Air Line Filter, Black

Ingersoll Rand F35121-400-VS 1/4-Inch Air Line Filter, Black
  • 1/4-Inch NPT
  • Standard Filter - 5 Microns
  • Manual drain
  • 0.5-Ounce polycarbonate bowl with guard
  • 49 CFM

I bought this to keep moisture out of the R37121-600-VS 1/4" regulator on my 30 gallon automotive compressor. I use the compressor to run an airbrush. So, the compressor only cycles a few times a day, but the unit is pressurized all day long. Therefore, I like components to hold pressure Leaking air is a bother. This filter holds pressure quite well with little noticeable loss after a day.

The filter seems carefully designed and well made. It is light-weight, but it does not look or feel cheap. I think it will last. The housing is plastic with aluminum internal components. It has a clever, sliding detente to release the bowl. Like other manual drain filter units, there is a pin at the bottom that can be pressed to release air and water while the compressor is pressurized. When the compressor is depressurized, you can remove the bowl.

This filter is cost effective, holds pressure, and works well. I recommend it.

Buy Ingersoll Rand F35121-400-VS 1/4-Inch Air Line Filter, Black Now

When I first received this filter, the o-ring for the canister-to-housing seal was twisted and pinched, causing the filter to leak considerably. With a bit of fuss, I was able to re-seat the o-ring, and get it to hold pressure. You also have to be careful to wiggle the drain valve a bit after draining the water to get it seal tightly. Another gripe is that it doesn't come with a wall-mount bracket, so I built one myself (see attached picture).

Overall, it's functional, extracts moisture from the air line, and is easy to drain. It does leak a tiny bit, causing the air compressor to come on approx 3-4 times per day for a few seconds when not in use, but that's bearable.

Read Best Reviews of Ingersoll Rand F35121-400-VS 1/4-Inch Air Line Filter, Black Here

I was a little skeptical about buying such an inexpensive filter for my air system a few months ago, but I have to say that it has worked very well, and I'm very pleased. You can't go wrong for the money, and IR is well established in the industry. Never had a minutes problem with any of their compressors through the years.

Want Ingersoll Rand F35121-400-VS 1/4-Inch Air Line Filter, Black Discount?

I gave this to my dad and he hooked it up to his air system in the garage. It was only $15 and provides a lot of features you don't get with those cheap $8-10 filters in the big box stores. I think this it well-made and will last a long time. It has a cast aluminum head with the inlet-outlet and the filter box is removable. I think you should be able to buy replacement parts since the filter comes out and there are part numbers on some of it but I am not sure. I would recommend this for anyone needing a good filter or water seperater.

Also, regarding the other reviews about a mount, you can get a double-side threaded connector and screw it directly to the pump or to a hose-reel. A mount is not needed unless your set-up does not provide a few inches of clearance to connect it like I discribed.

Once these are installed CORRECTLY, they work well!

First off... they are small. Don't expect something 12" tall, they are very small in size.

Second... they are NOT supposed to be installed near the compressor itself. For a filter to work properly, the air has to be cool as it enters the filter. If near the compressor, the air is hot and it will not separate the water. MAKE SURE to mount far from the compressor, and near the tool or end of hose.

Third... it's always best to use hard line up to the filter, from the compressor. Air Hose, is not the answer. Make sure to use the proper hard line (pipe) to the filter for it to be most efficient.

No comments:

Post a Comment