Thursday, April 24, 2014

Midwest Can (MWC5600) 5 Gallon Auto Shutoff Gasoline Can

Midwest Can 5 Gallon Auto Shutoff Gasoline Can
  • Midwest Can #5600 5GAL RED Plastic Gas Can
  • MIDWEST CAN COMPANY

Pros are it has a good capacity, the Cons are that the nozzle is too restrictive. It takes double the time to get the gas out of the can due to the safety feature in the nozzle.

Buy Midwest Can (MWC5600) 5 Gallon Auto Shutoff Gasoline Can Now

I purchased a model 5600 (5 gal.). I'm not sure if it has the same spout as this #6600. If it does, I would not recommend the gas can (apologies if this review is irrelevant). It is a self-closing spout with a spring (the nozzle must be twisted then depressed to dispense gas). The spring is stiff and difficult to press down. There is a little plastic lip that is intended to hook on the edge of the gas hole which is too small and therefore constantly slips off (shutting off the gas dispensing). Given the angle of the spount, I can't dispense all the gas into my car. Finally, the gas comes out very slowly when it does come out. It is a frustrating experience to wrestle with this can while trying to dispense gas into my car.

I've been shopping around the area and simply can't find a plastic gas can without some inconvenient "leak proof" dispenser system. Why is it so hard to find an old fashioned gas can that works? I can only conclude that there is some conspiracy out there -probably a new EPA regulation (well intentioned, no doubt, but unfortunately resulting in products that don't work). Please, I can screw a simple threaded cap on all by myself. I would have given the product a 1-star, but my guess is that it's not Midwest Can's fault.

To their credit, Midwest Can customer service is very responsive. They are sending me a replacement cap for "gas storage," i.e. a simple threaded cap. I'll just buy a funnel to get gas into my car.

Read Best Reviews of Midwest Can (MWC5600) 5 Gallon Auto Shutoff Gasoline Can Here

Works fine, spill proof spout is a bit slow and cumbersome, but that's the only complaint. Almost impossible to find a 6 gal can. Use it to store mixed gasoline for 2 cycle outboard motor, 50 to 1 mixture is one pint oil to 6 gals of gas. Just makes things simpler.

Want Midwest Can (MWC5600) 5 Gallon Auto Shutoff Gasoline Can Discount?

I am not going to go into how the nozzle works because it has been covered in other posts. I just want to support the notion that this can is very slow. Not a big deal if you are pouring gas into a weed trimmer but it is a serious pain trying to pour gas into a boat. The last time I tried to fill something it built up with pressure and preceded to spray gas everywhere for quite a long time. I never seemed to have trouble pouring gas until I got my hands on one of these. I would not recommend getting anywhere near a hot engine with this gas can.

Save 60% Off

These CARB compliant cans are very bad. They spill gas all over you, the environment and your gear. Why can't the government politicians trust us to simply put a lid back on the can?

No comments:

Post a Comment