Wednesday, April 23, 2014

- Quincy Compressor Reciprocating Air Compressor - 5 HP, 230 Volt Single Phase, Model# 2V41C60VC

- Quincy Compressor Reciprocating Air Compressor - 5 HP, 230 Volt Single Phase, Model# 2V41C60VCI purchased this compressor locally after a whole lot of research. I previously purchased a 3 phase Ingersoll Rand at my automotive shop and needed something for the house. I needed a compressor that was quiet but still operated at the higher working pressures. Once you use a two stage compressor, you'll dread going back to a single stage. The higher pressures spoil you and make your air tools work that much more efficiently. The Quincy was the ticket. The Quincy is very quiet. I can talk to someone standing right next to it. I can't do that with the large Ingersoll that I have at work. Due to the Quincy running much cooler than my Ingersoll it hardly builds up any moisture. My Ingersoll has been going strong for over 8 years and is a great compressor but I feel that the Quincy is just built better. The Quincy boasts a 50,000 hour pump life rating. After hearing this thing run, I believe it. It has virtually zero vibration. The Quincy recovers and builds up pressure extremely fast. Most compressors overate their CFM. If anything the Quincy is under rated. If my Ingersoll ever fails at my shop, a Quincy compressor will definitely take its place.

Face it, America sucks at manufacturing compared to most industrial nations. That's been the case since the 1970's. There are still a few great companies out there that deserve your patronage, including Quincy. Ingersoll has a lot of their pneumatic stuff made in China, and I believe they do much of their compressor manufacturing in Mexico.

But these beautiful blue uprights are made right in Quincy, IL. Anyway, enough of that. Here's why the compressor is great:

-Very low vibration. I left mine on the pallet, and I will occasionally set steel parts and whatnot on it. Most compressors would vibrate these right off the deep end, but this guy stood the test!

-Relatively quiet. If you've never had pneumatic tools in a small garage or shop, well you may want to invest in a good set of plugs or ear protection. The tools will be slightly louder than the compressor running, but not by much. Let's just say you don't want this thing turning on at 2AM with a neighbor 2 walls and 50 feet away.

-Efficient for a mid-tier upright. I do fabrication and auto body work, this beast can keep up with a 14cfm DA sander running for hours on end without heating up the air too much. The mark of a laboring compressor is excessive water droplets forming on the tool end, because of the high temperature dropping between the tank and the hose line. I use a milton filter-regulator and do not have water in the line.

Now I've only had this unit for a few months, and if anything happens to it in the next few years I'll be back to revise my review, but I'm more inclined to say that I'll be giving this to my kid in 20 years.

Support quality US manufacturing folks buy American!

Buy - Quincy Compressor Reciprocating Air Compressor - 5 HP, 230 Volt Single Phase, Model# 2V41C60VC Now

No comments:

Post a Comment