Tuesday, September 30, 2014

Cyclone Pneumatic 3/8-Inch x 50-Ft Retractable Air Hose Reel

Cyclone Pneumatic 3/8-Inch x 50-Ft Retractable Air Hose ReelBought this based on the build quality everyone talked about in the reviews and the value for it. I was a little turned off about most reviews in here discouraging some because they found the mounting to be too difficult. I figured well even if it is hard to mount, I only have to do it once then it is done and I'll have a great hose reel. To my surprise this thing was extremely EASY to mount.

I mounted mine on my shop ceiling which sits about 16 feet above the floor.. My original plan after reading how hard people struggled with trying to mount a spinning hose reel was to install the reel on a piece of 2"x6" (which is perfect size for the mount btw) and then it would be easier to control when I moutned it on the ceiling. (The 2x6 was also to be used as a stabilizer between two rafters)

After receiving the unit and looking at it I realized that only one bolt, yes just one, is holding the reel to the mounting bracket. The one bolt is of course very sturdy and I have no doubt it will hold up to years of abuse. Removing the one bolt and the hose stopper at the end of the hose allows the mount to be free of the reel. This allows you to mount the bracket where you need to without the reel being in the way and all that additional weight.

This went unbelievably well. Attaching the reel was just as easy to put on as it was to take off. After you place the reel along with its attached bolt back into the mount, you can free one hand to thread the locknut and nut on. After the bolt is cinched down far enough with your hands it can hold the weight of the reel while you jump down off the ladder and get your ratchet to make sure the bolt is nice and snug.

This method of installation also allows you to customize the amount of tension the reel starts off with which was a blessing for me as I didnt want to have the reel take the hose 16 feet up in the air if I forgot to lock it into place. Now the tension is set to pull the cord at about 7 feet from the floor. Out of the way from anything but easily within my grasp when I need it and I dont need to remember to lock it in place.

Only had the reel for a few days so I cant comment on durability quite yet but it does seem to be very well built. I felt I had to express my satisfaction with the product and the installation.

this hose reel was replacing a smaller (broken) plastic one in my shop so I was gratified for the heft of the steel case and reel. The hose was good quality rubber. No hose fittings were included and the assembly/ disassembly instructions are poor but for the price it is a good value (I looked at many before this purchase and unless you have a professional shop or vehicle with a need for a 2-500 dollar reel, this is a good choice).

Buy Cyclone Pneumatic 3/8-Inch x 50-Ft Retractable Air Hose Reel Now

This unit seems to be well built.The only things I didnt like is the sticky substance on the hose,and the hose that is to short for connection to the compressor .The stickyness came off quite easily.Some people have had trouble mounting it.If youre going to install it on the wall or ceiling the easiest way to mount it is to first pull the hose all the way out(this makes the unit lighter and gets the hose out of the way for mounting) then move the stop right close to the rollers to keep it from rewinding.Dont skip this step if you want to keep all youre fingers.Next measure for youre half inch bolt holes(dont use lag screws,1/2 inch bolts make a more secure installation,and install much easier )drill holes for bolts.With the help of another person or the use of a set of 2-2 blocks to hold the weight of the unit,install 4 one half inch bolts.Next install hose from the compressor.You will most likely need a longer hose than the 3 foot one that comes with the unit,if it had a longer hose for connection to the compressor I would give it five stars. Over all this is great deal for the price.

Read Best Reviews of Cyclone Pneumatic 3/8-Inch x 50-Ft Retractable Air Hose Reel Here

I searched for a Air Hose and when I saw this one on line it looked pretty good. I did more research and after reviewing others I purchased the Cyclone. It arrived on time and Upon inspection every thing was in the box. The price was right for my garage use and the quality was great. I would recomend this product to any one.

Want Cyclone Pneumatic 3/8-Inch x 50-Ft Retractable Air Hose Reel Discount?

I was looking for a hose reel for use in my home garage. I purchased the Cyclone because of its simple design and competitive price.

Getting it set up in my garage was very simple. I especially like the fact that you can easily reconfigure the hose arm to meet the needs of your application. In other words it's very easy to adjust the arm from pointing up like in the picture, or pointing out horizontally to the left or right. This makes it possible to mount the arm to account for being mounted on a ceiling, wall, or floor.

For what I've seen so far, the unit is very strong, locks the hose in place when you've pulled it out as far as you require, and reels back in a predictable fashion. I'm extremely happy with my purchase. Highly recommended.

Save 47% Off

No comments:

Post a Comment