Sunday, October 26, 2014

Campbell Hausfeld FP2028 1-Gallon Oil-Free Pancake Air Compressor with Accessory Kit

Campbell Hausfeld FP2028 1-Gallon Oil-Free Pancake Air Compressor with Accessory Kit
  • User-friendly design
  • Easy-to-read gauge
  • 100 max PSI
  • Tank eliminates the pulsations caused by piston action
  • Accessory kit contains 25-foot recoil hose, female coupler, male plug, air chuck, inflation needle, 2-inch inflation nozzles

I bought this to use with surebonder's 9615 upholstery staple gun to reupholster a bunch of chairs. it works great. i'm rather impressed. it is really tiny, easy to use and i'm surprised that it makes no mess of any kind. i sit right on my dinning table to use it. it was loud but not as loud as some reviews made it out to be. the trick is to use it on a piece of carpet. it also is not nearly as loud in a normal room of your house as it is if used in an empty room that has a hard floors and no furniture such as garage or cement basement.

my only gripe was that it took me several days to figure out why i couldn't connect it to the staple gun. it does not come with a male quick connector that is needed to attach the hose to power tools. i bought this at home depot for under $2.

i read many reviews that complained of it not working. after using it this month i can kind of understand why. it's not the compressor. if you have not used one before i will give you the short list of resons it won't work that all happened to me until i got used to using a compressor.

there is a knob under it that lets it dry between uses. you must close it tightly before using it.

you need to really, really tighten the hose onto the compressor before use.

if you over oil your air tools or always leave them connected, the oil will seep into the male connector at end of hose and trap condensation. if this happens, you will need to wipe out the connector with a paper towel until it feels dry again.

at the end of long work days you'll want to let it dry out. you should take the hose off and hang it so both ends hang down and open the drain knob underneath. I have found it to work super efficiently since i started to do this. now i don't need to keep running it to keep at 60 80 psi. although i do have to turn it on ever 10 or 20 minutes for about 30 seconds to keep the psi.

Buy Campbell Hausfeld FP2028 1-Gallon Oil-Free Pancake Air Compressor with Accessory Kit Now

I bought this compressor because I wanted a small tank-based compressor for my garage for keeping my car and bike tires filled and for filling basketballs and soccer balls.

I have had it for about a month now and it works great for what I bought it for.

The good:

1. Its small and light, easy to pick up and move around. Does not take up much space in my work area. It has plenty of power for filling tires and basketballs.

2. Great price.

3. Easy to use.

The bad:

1. Noisy. I read other reviews that said it was loud, but in use, it is louder than I expected. With the small tank, the motor ends up runninng most of the time I am using it. I find I have to wear ear protection when I am using it, even when I am outside in the driveway.

2. Light weight. Being light weight is nice when I want to pick it up and carry it around the house and garage, but it has its downside. It came with a 25 foot coiled air hose and when you get the cord extended out 8-10 feet, it tips the compressor over on its side.

That's the good and the bad. Works great for what I need it for. I don't need a compressor for air tools, so I did not want to get a bigger compressor because it takes up too much room around my workbench. I used to use a small electric compressor without a tank, but it took too long to fill up car tires. This Campbell Hausfeld works perfect for what I need. I would buy it again.

Read Best Reviews of Campbell Hausfeld FP2028 1-Gallon Oil-Free Pancake Air Compressor with Accessory Kit Here

This air compressor does not hold a lot of air one gallon to be exact. However, it fills to its maximum 100 psi relatively quickly and once there, will add about 6 or 7 psi to my each of my car tires. This is plenty to air up a tire and by the time I go to the next tire and check it's pressure, the compressor is back to 100 psi and ready to go. For me and my needs, which are not commercial or professional, this thing does the trick for the right price.

Want Campbell Hausfeld FP2028 1-Gallon Oil-Free Pancake Air Compressor with Accessory Kit Discount?

My wife bought this for me for Christmas a year and a half ago. I used it to inflate car tires a few times a year. A few months ago the pressure would not build past 42lbs. After some troubleshooting I replaced the safety valve for about 24.00 (Sears Parts Store). Still would not build. I ended up taking apart the piston assembly, it looked fine no burnt or scratched valve no bad piston ring. Re-assembled and it was fixed! 100lbs psi again. Two days later down to 25lbs. This thing is loud and after taking this apart I can see why its cheap. The only replacement for the piston I can find is the whole motor/piston assembly which is probably more than a new compressor. Look elsewhere for a better quality unit.

Save 58% Off

I bought this air compressor to use for airbrushing. I need 20-40 psi and less than 1 cfm. This compressor will generate 100 psi. Here is the funny part... the instruction sheet says for break-in you should turn the regulator valve clockwise all the way and leave it open (no hose, etc) and run for 5 minutes before using. Fair enough. No regulator... no valve... the think runs 100 psi and just splills that out into what ever you hook up to it. You would have to add a regulator to it. The other joke... it was so incredibly loud it was louder than my 6 HP 60 gallon upright compressor in my garage!!! Ran it in my basement with the doors and windows shut and my wife was concerned the neigbors Easter dinner would be unejoyable in their homes in the neibhorhood around the house. The noise was incredible... I would say equivalent to a Jet air craft taking off in close proximity in terms of decibles. I have been exposed to two of Campbell Hausfeld's compressors... both were the worst pieces of engineering garbage I have ever seen. No reflection on Amazon please.

No comments:

Post a Comment