Wednesday, October 22, 2014

Legacy L8611 Heavy-Duty Retractable Air Hose Reel-with 3/8-Inch by 50-Rubber Hose

Legacy L8611 Heavy-Duty Retractable Air Hose Reel-with 3/8-Inch by 50-Rubber Hose
  • Four direction rollers allow the hose to be easily pulled from the reel
  • Durable heavy-duty steel construction with all-welded steel drum
  • Narrow profile ideal for easy placement and storage
  • Self-locking fasteners stay tight even in mobile installations and metal latching pawl
  • Weep holes designed to evacuate moisture are located on the edge of drum and reduce rust

OK, so I'm a nut: I bought the Legacy 8611 to install in my home garage. It seems very sturdy -but maybe I'm not giving it the heavy work-out you might, on the bed of a service truck, or overhead some grease bay. (Note: If you're concerned about such things, this model is from China rather than Iowa; nevertheless it seems well-made. I chose the 8611 over Legacy's newer "LevelWind" models even though they're made in the USA and have the hose-leveler feature -because they are plastic (PP) instead of metal! Also I like the idea of bolting it down to my slab, versus the LevelWind models have rubber feet and a wall bracket.) Though the description doesn't say so, a 3-foot lead-in hose and two fittings are included in the package. Also, the photo is incorrect in respect to the way it was actually packaged: to use it on the floor (as shown), you must unbolt the upper arm and rotate it 90 degrees (tilt it forward). It's no big deal, but just in case you're some kind of wimp who doesn't want to fiddle around with his/her new toys...

Buy Legacy L8611 Heavy-Duty Retractable Air Hose Reel-with 3/8-Inch by 50-Rubber Hose Now

Great hose reel. Very heavy and well built and i'd give it five stars if it were not for one little detail. The hose that is supplied seems to have missed the addition of whatever chemical ingredient that keeps it from depositing its red color on everything it touches including your hands. I tried wiping the whole thing down with denatured alcohol to no avail. Oh well. Despite the fact that I was able to install mine on the ceiling by myself I doubt that any ordinary person could do the installation alone. Yeah, it's that heavy.

Read Best Reviews of Legacy L8611 Heavy-Duty Retractable Air Hose Reel-with 3/8-Inch by 50-Rubber Hose Here

Bought this for my fathers birthday. I had it sent Prime shipping and it shipped and arrived when they said it would. It gave the old man a project to tackle. He reinforced the ceiling in his garage and mount it overhead. Apparently its well built and I am now the favorite son. win.

Want Legacy L8611 Heavy-Duty Retractable Air Hose Reel-with 3/8-Inch by 50-Rubber Hose Discount?

I have used this for three months and is mounted on the garage ceiling. Very rugged for the price. Why purchase the 25 footer when the 50 footer can be bought delivered to your door(USA) in the $70.00 range, not Amazon though. YEP made in China but fits my light use needs.

Save 21% Off

This reel was purchased to replace a broken Harbor Freight reel. The quality is much better that the HF one. The hose quality is also much better. We mounted this reel overhead in a busy shop, it sees a lot of use. We have not had any problems with this reel, I would recommend it to anyone. It is the perfect reel for a shop or home garage.

No comments:

Post a Comment