Wednesday, July 24, 2013

DEWALT Bare-Tool DC608B 18-Volt Cordless 2-Inch 18 Gauge Brad Nailer (Tool Only, No Battery)

DEWALT Bare-Tool DC608B 18-Volt Cordless 2-Inch 18 Gauge Brad Nailer
  • Engine design allows the tool to work as fast as the end user with consistent nail penetration into both soft and hard joints
  • Sequential operating mode allows for precision placement and the bump operating mode provides the user with production speed.
  • Straight magazine, accepts 18 gauge nails ranging in legths from 5/8-inch to 2-inch
  • Easy access to the nosepiece for the removal of jammed nails without the use of screwdrivers or tool wrenches
  • Part of the XRP DEWALT cordless system contact trip lock-off allows trigger to be disabled when not in use

Where has this puppy been all my life?!

I already had two 18v batteries so I didn't need the whole kit, so this worked out perfectly.

I bought the brads from the local hardware so I could inspect them I'm buying this to make my life easier and collecting a bunch of brads that came apart in shipping is not my idea of easier.

This thing... man I'm kicking myself for not buying it sooner. I had it in my head that this was just a novelty/nice to have item but I can do fine without it for the cost. Was I wrong. I can't express how much easier and faster this is, and leaves a much smaller hole. I've used it on trim (baseboard, casing, etc.) and even to face nail some HARD, thick flooring that I had to replace. Punches through with no problem and you don't have to worry about having room to swing a hammer, or use a countersink, splitting, etc. Hold it up, POP, done.

• Adjustable force

• Lights area when nose is pressed

• Nose has protective rubber piece so as not to mar surface

• As stated, nose piece easily pops apart to fix jams

• Decent balance to it once battery is on

• Easy to load/unload brads

• Basically what I've come to expect from DeWALT

I haven't tried the sequential firing setting yet so I can't comment on it.

What I can say is hold on to this thing, otherwise the brads won't sink properly. In fact, if the nailing surface or the nail gun are not secure when firing the nail won't penetrate properly (may be less of an issue with soft wood). Do some testing before hand to get a good feel for it and to get the depth set right, especially if you're doing something like flooring where you really want it right the first shot. I assume this is the same for any brad nailer, but this is my first so just throwin' it out there for anyone else in the same situation.

Buy DEWALT Bare-Tool DC608B 18-Volt Cordless 2-Inch 18 Gauge Brad Nailer (Tool Only, No Battery) Now

Just received my 18V-18 Gauge brad nailer and fired some test nails. What a tool! I've been using the 16 gauge finish nailer for a number of years and love it, too. When I first used the 16 Gauge gun, I called DeWalt to see if they planned an 18 gauge brad nailer and was told it was not in their plans, so I went with the Paslode gas fired gun.

The Paslode isn't a bad gun, but over the years I've had it repaired a number of times, and it's rather finicky about firing every time. It seems like it never fires the first time when you are in an awkward position holding precision pieces just so. The other issue with the Paslode is keeping fresh gas. They tell you to store in a cool place, which is impossible when your tools go with you everywhere and are continuously baked in the Florida sun.

This DeWalt brad nailer has none of those issues. It's a great tool, makes very little noise, and sets nails perfectly according to the variable depth dial. If you do finish carpentry for a living, don't leave home without it. At first look, it will seem rather large, but I can get it in any place that I used to get with my Paslode, or my old Bostitch air gun.

I use the whole line of 18V DeWalt tools (circular saw, jig saw, vacuum, impact driver, hammer drill, cutoff tool, 16G finish nailer)every day, so I invested in the Lithium Ion batteries. The Lithiums are far superior to the XRP batteries in charge time, operating time and longevity, so while I'm offering opinions, I highly recommend them as well.

Read Best Reviews of DEWALT Bare-Tool DC608B 18-Volt Cordless 2-Inch 18 Gauge Brad Nailer (Tool Only, No Battery) Here

With this unit, like its big brother the cordless Finish nailer, I don't have the hassle of loading up a compressor and hoses to do a small job. Production use? Not sure. If you wanted to put trim on a bookcase, shelving, etc. this is the unit. A bit bulky compared to pneumatic nailers, but hey, trade off seems worth it. Haven't gotten in to heavy or prolonged use so my review may change if I encounter problems in the future. Home craftsman? Buy it. Light maintenance/furniture refinishing? This will work nicely.

Want DEWALT Bare-Tool DC608B 18-Volt Cordless 2-Inch 18 Gauge Brad Nailer (Tool Only, No Battery) Discount?

I had planned on buying a compressor and nail gun combo to do some trim work in my dining room and bedroom, and I found this Dewalt cordless nailer while doing some online research. After reading the reviews, I decided that this was what I needed. Since I already have two batteries and a charger from my Dewalt cordless drill, this seemed like a good deal. I couldn't be much happier with my purchase. I had feared that it might be too big and heavy but after using it, it's not a problem. It has plenty of power, battery life is great, it seems very well made, and I don't have to drag out a compressor and hose every time I want to put up some trim. Delivery was quick, and the price from Amazon was excellent. I'm very satisfied.

Save 48% Off

I think my title says it all.

I have owned the Dewalt nailer for 5-6 months now. I have remodeled our entire second floor including two bathrooms, 3 bedrooms all with base and crown molding and one room with chair molding, using this tool. I opt'd for the upgrade to the lithium ion batteries,(I got the drill driver/impact wrench set)and I love the longevity. I only have two batteries, but with charge times less than 1 hour per, and run times that far exceed that, I have never been without (even using the driver and nailer together).

The only down side to this tool is how silly you will feel for not buying it sooner. Seriously one if my favorite tools ever. I have owned a Bostich and Rigid nailer (corded to compressor) and I will never go back to dragging around a compessor. This tool uses NO cartidges, so you will save big $$ vs most competitors cordless CO2 models.

UPDATE 5-4-12

I have now lent my nailer to two friends, both of whom have gone out and bought one shortly after using mine. I can't say enough good things. I can't believe big box retailers don't carry this product. Congrats to Amazon for scooping up all the sales. This should be in any DIYers aresenal if quaility finishings are important to you.

No comments:

Post a Comment